Piafsky Young Investigator Award
The Piafsky Young Investigator Award is awarded annually, to a member in good standing of the Canadian Society for Pharmacology and Therapeutics, for significant contributions to the advancement and extension of knowledge in the field of basic or clinical pharmacology.
$1,000 CAD cash prize and engraved plaqueRequirements
1. Award candidates must be CSPT members in good standing at the time of nomination and at the time of award presentation.
Made by any two members of the society. No member may nominate more than one candidate. Nominations shall include all of the following:
1. A joint letter of nomination or two individual letters of nomination, prepared by the sponsors, describing the nominee’s work and its importance to furthering the field. A maximum of 2 pages is allowed for the letter(s) of nomination.
2. Copies of up to two published or in press manuscripts considered by the sponsors to be the nominee’s most significant work. A brief justification for their inclusion should be provided in the nomination package.
3. The nominee’s brief curriculum vitae (maximum 10 pages). Ensure the following items are included: A) current institutional affiliations, B) education and training, C) employment experience, D) awards and honours, and, E) a list/description of the nominee’s most important contributions (e.g., research grants, publications, research, presentations) to basic and/or clinical pharmacology.
4. Up to two additional letters of support describing the importance or potential impact of the nominee’s research.
5. A brief biographical sketch suitable for inclusion in a press release.Deadline
The nomination deadline is February 18, 2019.Apply
Send nomination package to firstname.lastname@example.org and direct to the attention of the Chair of the Awards Committee.Notes
Candidates must be within their first seven years of a faculty appointment by December 31st of the year of nomination. Nominees who were unsuccessful in any given year may be nominated again in a subsequent year, providing they still meet the eligibility criteria. Updated documentation must be included with each. The decision of the Committee shall be based on originality of approach, independence of thought, novelty, clarity and excellence. Quality, rather than quantity, of contributions shall be emphasized. The decision of the Awards Committee shall be final. There will be no obligation or duty on the part of CSPT to bestow the award in the absence of a qualified recipient or when there is an insufficient number of nominees as determined by the Awards Committee.
Recent Award Winners
2016 Tuan Trang
2015 Harley Kurata
2012 Bernard LeFoll
2010 Patrick MacDonald
2008 Catherine Cahill
2007 Rommel Tirona