The Postdoctoral Award in Pharmacology is designed to recognize and stimulate research in the field of Pharmacology made by post-doctoral researchers.
$1,000 CAD cash prize and engraved plaqueRequirements
1. Award candidates must be CSPT members in good standing at the time of nomination and at the time of award presentation.
2. Recipient to describe their major research contribution in an oral presentation at the CSPT annual meeting.Nominations
Made by any two members of the society. No member may nominate more than one candidate.
Nominations shall include all of the following:
1. A joint letter of nomination or two individual letters of nomination, prepared by the sponsors describing the importance or potential impact of the nominee’s research. A maximum of 2 pages is allowed for the letter(s) of nomination.
2. A maximum of two published or in press manuscripts considered pertinent by the sponsors for the nomination. A brief justification for their inclusion should be provided in the nomination package.
3. The nominee’s brief curriculum vitae (maximum 10 pages). Ensure the following items are included: A) current institutional affiliations, B) education and training, C) employment experience, D) awards and honours E) a list/description of the Nominee’s most important contributions (e.g. publications, research, presentations) to basic and/or clinical pharmacology.
4. A brief biographical sketch suitable for press release purposes.
5. Up to two additional letters of support describing the importance or potential impact of the nominee’s research.Deadline
The nomination deadline for the 2022 award is extended to April 19, 2023.
Send nomination package to email@example.com and direct to the attention of the Chair of the Awards Committee.Notes
The decision of the Awards Committee shall be final. There will be no obligation or duty on the part of CSPT to bestow the award in the absence of a qualified recipient or when there is an insufficient number of nominees as determined by the Awards Committee.
Recent Award Winners
2020 Qutuba Karwi
2019 Khaled Abdelrahman
2018 Britt Drögemöller
2017 Galen Wright
2016 Abdelbaset Elzagallaai
2015 Folefac Aminkeng
2010 Hong-Shuo Sun
2009 Colin Ross
2008 C. Altier
2007 R. Kinobe