Senior Investigator Award
The Senior Investigator Award is designed to stimulate and recognize research in the field of basic or clinical pharmacology. It is awarded annually, to a member in good standing of the Canadian Society for Pharmacology and Therapeutics, for significant contributions to the advancement and extension of knowledge in the field.
$1,000 CAD cash prize and engraved plaqueRequirements
1. Award candidates must be CSPT members in good standing at the time of nomination and at the time of award presentation.
2. Recipient to describe research achievements in an oral presentation at the CSPT annual meeting.Nominations
Made by any two members of the society. No member may nominate more than one candidate. Nominations shall include all of the following:
1. A joint letter of nomination or two individual letters of nomination, prepared by the sponsors, describing the nominee’s work and its importance to furthering the field. A maximum of 2 pages is allowed for the letter(s) of nomination.
2. A maximum of two published or in press manuscripts considered pertinent to the nomination. A brief justification for their inclusion should be provided in the nomination package.
3. The nominee’s brief curriculum vitae (maximum 10 pages). Ensure the following items are included: A) current institutional affiliations, B) education and training, C) employment experience, D) awards and honours and E) a list/description of the Nominee’s most important contributions (e.g. research grants, publications, research, presentations) to basic and/or clinical pharmacology.
4. Up to two additional letters of support describing the impact of the nominee’s research.
5. A brief biographical sketch suitable for inclusion in a press release.Deadline
The nomination deadline is February 18, 2019.Apply
Send nomination package to firstname.lastname@example.org and direct to the attention of the Chair of the Awards CommitteeNotes
The decision of the Awards Committee shall be final. There will be no obligation or duty on the part of CSPT to bestow the award in the absence of a qualified recipient or when there is an insufficient number of nominees as determined by the Awards Committee.
Recent Award Winners
2017 Anne-Noël Samaha
2016 Shinya Ito
2014 Richard Kim
2013 Peter Smith
2012 Rachel Tyndale
2011 Bruce Carleton