Senior Investigator Award
The Senior Investigator Award is designed to stimulate and recognize research in the field of basic or clinical pharmacology. It is awarded annually, to a member in good standing of the Canadian Society for Pharmacology and Therapeutics, for significant contributions to the advancement and extension of knowledge in the field.
$1,000 CAD cash prize and engraved plaqueRequirements
1. Award candidates must be CSPT members in good standing at the time of nomination and at the time of award presentation.
2. Recipient to describe research achievements in an oral presentation at the CSPT annual meeting.Nominations
Made by any two members of the society. No member may nominate more than one candidate. Nominations shall include all of the following:
1. A joint letter of nomination or two individual letters of nomination, prepared by the sponsors, describing the nominee’s work and its importance to furthering the field. A maximum of two pages is allowed for each letter of nomination.
2. A maximum of two published or in press manuscripts considered pertinent to the nomination. A brief justification for their inclusion should be provided in the nomination package.
3. The nominee’s brief curriculum vitae (maximum ten pages). Ensure the following items are included:
4. Up to two additional letters of support describing the impact of the nominee’s research. These may be from society non-members. A maximum of two pages is allowed for each letter of support.
5. A brief biographical sketch (maximum 300 words) suitable for inclusion in a press release.Deadline
The nomination deadline for the 2022 award is extended to April 19, 2023.Apply
Send nomination package to firstname.lastname@example.org and direct to the attention of the Chair of the Awards Committee.Notes
The decision of the Awards Committee shall be final. There will be no obligation or duty on the part of CSPT to bestow the award in the absence of a qualified recipient or when there is an insufficient number of nominees as determined by the Awards Committee.
Recent Award Winners
2021 Susan E. Howlett
2020 Anna Taddio
2019 Qingping Feng
2018 Peter Chidiac
2017 Anne-Noël Samaha
2016 Shinya Ito
2014 Richard Kim
2013 Peter Smith
2012 Rachel Tyndale
2011 Bruce Carleton