Senior Scientist Award
The Senior Scientist Award (formerly the Pfizer Senior scientist award) is designed to stimulate and recognize research in the field of basic or clinical pharmacology in Canada. It is awarded annually, to a member in good standing of the Canadian Society for Pharmacology and Therapeutics, for significant contributions to the advancement and extension of knowledge in the field.
$1,000 CAD cash prize and engraved plaque
Award candidates must be CSPT members in good standing both at the time of nomination and at the time of award presentation.
Recipient to describe research achievements in an oral presentation at the CSPT annual meeting.
Made by any two members of the society. No member may nominate more than one candidate. Nominations shall include all of the following:
1. A two-page summary, prepared by the sponsors, describing the nominee’s work and its importance to furthering the field
2. Manuscripts and reprints considered pertinent to the nomination
3. The nominee’s curriculum vitae and list of publications
4. Letters of support describing the impact of the nominee’s research
5. A brief biographical sketch suitable for inclusion in a press release
November 30 of each year.
**The nomination deadline for the 2016 calendar year has been extended until February 28, 2017.
Send nomination package to email@example.com and direct to the attention of the Chair of the Awards Committee.
The decision of the Awards Committee shall be final. There will be no obligation or duty on the part of CSPT to bestow the award in the absence of a qualified recipient or when there is an insufficient number of nominees as determined by the Awards Committee.
Recent Award Winners
2015 No recipient
2014 Richard Kim
2013 Peter Smith
2012 Rachel Tyndale
2011 Bruce Carleton